Though we live in a dry climate, mold spores will propagate whenever moisture remains on an organic food source for over 72 hours.
Concerns and potential health effects of mold are a result of exposure inside a home or commercial building. Here mold growth is typically a side effect of poorly treated or ignored water damage. Consequently, if left to grow, the conditions can ruin the livability of a home.
Mold Removal Techniques:
To prevent further spreading, call the mold removal professionals at 212° rather than disturbing the affected area. Our team works with several environment hygienists and laboratories in an effort to protect you and your family from potentially dangerous situations.
- Inspection & Testing Procedures & Tools
- Professional Drying with the Best Equipment
- Mold Remediation with Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- Professional Deodorization
- Cleaning & Sanitation of Structure, Contents & Fixtures
- Containment and Removal in Affected Area
- HEPA Negative Air Filtration and Vacuuming,
Mold Remediation per IICRC S-520 Guidelines:
While Colorado and Wyoming do not have state-based licensing for mold remediation firms. 212° Restoration follows the Clean Trust IICRC S-520 national guidelines for mold remediation. The key principles of mold remediation are as follows:
- Abide by state-based regulations on suspect asbestos-containing materials( ACM) and by EPA regulations governing lead-based paint (RRP).
- Negative air containment of contaminated area(s) using HEPA filtration to capture airborne mold spores. This prevents cross-contamination to areas not directly impacted by mold growth.
- Careful removal and 6 mil bagging of non-salvageable materials with direct mold presence: usually trim, tack strip, non-ACM drywall, and insulation. Carpet and pad are inorganic but may be discarded based on the proximity of exposure.
- Anti-microbial spray down with EPA-registered biocides such as Shockwave, Sporicidin or the increasingly popular botanical alternative, Benefect. Wipedown or abrasion of framing where necessary.
- Application of a true EPA registered anti-microbial sealant.
- Clearance testing by a THIRD PARTY hygienist. (212° Restoration Inc as a matter of principle does not perform post testing on its own remediation project. )
Since 2006, we have been helping clients with both small and large scale mold remediation projects. Regardless of the size of the project, if proper protocol is followed, we will extend our 3-year guaranty on all remediation work performed.